Sunday, June 19, 2011

EM&R's Newest Arch Nemisis...... Mortal Kombat's Krypt Demon

     I’m sure by now many of you have played the new Mortal Kombat that was released in mid-April. I am also sure that you have played a “King Of The Hill” match or two (I will save my gripes for that another time.). The thing is, I love Mortal Kombat. If this was an actual person this would be the person I would not tell my girlfriend about and sneak away in the middle of the night to hang out with. However, I have a VERY HUGE problem with a certain part of the game. Introducing this guy.......


     This particular bundle of sunshine is called the Krypt Demon. In order to explain to you who or what this is, let me first explain what MK’s Krypt feature is. The Krypt is the section of the game where you spend your newly acquired “Koins” that you received in such modes as story mode, challenge tower etc. and purchase extra content (costumes, extra fatalities, artwork). Now if you’re a person like me, you play through the story mode, and finish arcade mode with every character and unlock all the content in the Krypt in one fell swoop. Wrong. I say that because the Krypt Demon is added in the Krypt to prevent you from hanging out (if ever) inside the Krypt. This jerks’ method of ejecting you from the Krypt is simple. SCARE 8,000 SHADES OF HOLY HELL OUT OF YOU!! While you’re going around coffin to coffin (which the art designs are already creepy enough), the demon randomly pops up out of nowhere (a little trivia fact: it’s actually just a 2D drawing), and lets out a blood curdling scream and then disappears. This only lasts about one and a half to two seconds, but that’s more than enough time to know when you’re not wanted. Upon scouring the Krypt for the first time and experienced my first encounter, I immediately grabbed my chest, dialed 9 and 1 (the other one would soon follow if I really did have a heart attack), turn off my Xbox and went straight to Nick Jr. for some much needed visual palate cleansing. Now this is where I have my beef. As a gamer playing your game, you have a system of unlocking your content. I’ve put up with the story mode where I can’t skip through cutscenes (Do I really care about Kitana’s life story?). I’ve put up with the ridiculous Challenge Tower where not only I have to fight with no arms, I have to play upside down and have a flawless victory while avoiding ice blasts from the background. It is another thing to punish me even further with threats of heart attacks and wrecked nerves. Shame on you Ed Boon, shame.

1 comment:

  1. Lmao!! That sexy beast is doing his job, your in his house, maybe he's angry because you came over and he's not dressed(he naked), maybe you scared him ever think about that lol

    ReplyDelete