Monday, June 20, 2011

E3's Best In Show..... Better Late Than Never


Yes I know I’m late. I’m still trying to take in all the information that I saw during the Nintendo Press Conference. To be fair, I shall have a quick recap:
  • Legend of Zelda and the Skyward Sword will be released this holiday season with a special gold Wii remote (However, no gold Wii Nunchuk)
  • New Nintendo 3DS games are on the horizon with Mario Kart, Star Fox, Mario 3DS, Kid Icarus, and Luigi Mansion scheduled for the holiday season.
  • The new Wii has been announced as the Wii U (I still prefer Wii Wii). However, people were concerned whether this was a new system or a new controller. It was later clarified that the Wii U is a system.
  • A major announcement for the Wii U is it’s support of Third-Party developers. For the first time, Nintendo with have Tekken on their home consoles. Also, Ninja Gaiden 3, Batman: Arkham City, and Smash Brothers have been anounced as well.
All in all I gave Nintendo a B+, It was a great press conference, however , this was a conference that should have been saved for E3 2012. 

And now that I got that out the way, I cannot help to give special recognition to the Game of Show of E3 2011..........  
      I was wrong to ever doubt that this game would win Best In Show. From start to finish, it was nothing short of a (pun intended) roller-coaster ride. At first, I admit I was a little leery about Irrational Games taking the franchise to a different setting as opposed to their underwater scenery in it’s previous two games. I did think about it, having played both games, one part that I did not like about the Bioshock series was the underwater portions of the game. It is unsure if the Big Daddy’s or Little/Big Sisters will make an appearance. It is certain that when this game is released in 2012, expect a lot of copies being sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment