Friday, July 15, 2011

Youtube Post I like...... DEATH BATTLE!

    
    
     In case you have been wondering, this is a predominantly video game blog. With that being said, its safe to say the author ( That's Me!!) is a hardcore video game nerd. I wear this with pride. Most of my webs history is video game websites. The other part is youtube. If I'm not watching tutorials on how to improve my T. Hawk game in Super Street Fighter 4, I'm watching other video game related stuff. Normally, I check out crosscountertv or Egoraptor, but this particular time I stumbled a wonderful nerd gem that demands everyone's attention and "likes"........... DEATH BATTLE!!

     Created by "Wizard" and "Boomstick" (Ben Singer and Chad james), "DEATH BATTLE!" pits two iconic video game characters together (sometimes four! See The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.), and duke it out machinima style in a fighting stage of the appropriate characters. What I love about "DEATH BATTLE!" is that each fight is structured like the Spike TV show "Deadliest Warrior." Wizard and Boomstick introduce the combatants, explain their history and powers and their strengths and weaknesses. After this brief tutorial and a word from their sponsors, you see the combatants in one of their respective realms (i.e. the Mario Vs. Sonic battle takes place in the first world of Super Mario World for the SNES). Each fighter is given a life meter and the battle is carried out based on stats (kept unbeknownst to the viewer), and the winner is usually decided by one killing the other! I have seen too many of iconic characters that I was so sure to win the match easily, die so violently. After the blood is spilled and the victor is claimed, Wizard and Boomstick cut to instant replay to explain how and why that fighter lost. Very informative to say the least. I recommend anyone who is a fan of video games, violence, and nostalgic 80's cartoons to watch this channel. However, most of the content has offensive language and grotesque cartoon violence, so parents be weary of your kids watching this. As a sample here is their latest episode of their new season, changing the format and putting two pop icons together using the game Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World for Xbox Live and Playstation Network.


For the channel to subscribe to:
http://www.youtube.com/show/deathbattle?s=1

No comments:

Post a Comment